Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Let's Talk About Grammar

I'm just going to throw this out there, I'm terrible at grammar. Never really got the hang of it. I mostly rely on spell check in Word or on my iPhone to help me out with correcting my words. Same with run-on sentences. I am aware that I use a lot of run-on sentences. It's just how I talk though. I at least know the difference between the use of your and you're, there, their, and they're, and too and to. That's more than the rest of the human population anyways. I spell out everything in my text messages. Personally, I think using shortened words just takes actually more effort and time than spelling out what the word is supposed to be.



I do giggle however when I see two people arguing on twitter and once the argument starts to get at a stopping point they try to pick at each others grammar. 

All in all, I'm a math type of person. English was never my forte. My ACT scores can attest for that as well. I believe however that your blog reflects how you speak basically. I speak in run-on sentences. It's as simple as that. It's for pure entertainment value and to get a look into my day to day life.

xoxo

 

1 comment:

  1. I am the queen of run on sentences!! But, like you said, that's how I talk! haha. And I agree...arguments where people start bashing each other's grammar is pretty hilarious.

    ReplyDelete