Monday, July 14, 2014

New Name. New Life. New Adventures.

I embrace change. I welcome it with wide open arms. And I have to, especially with the new life and new adventure I have been lucky enough to call my own.


Getting married to the love of my life was only the beginning of that change. Not only did I take on the title of Mrs. Mullikin, but I also took on the title of being a military spouse. And before anyone gives me the title of being a "Dependapotamus," hold your horses! Yes, I am a dependent, but I'm also independent. I have chosen to follow my husband wherever the military chooses to send us and on short notice. I do this because I love my husband and he would do the same for me if the roles were reversed. Butt for now, I am embracing every second I get to spend with him.


Graduating from college became another huge change. It's a scary time. You have no idea where you're going to be working once you are out into the real world (unless you are the fortunate few to have a job lined up - kudos to you!). Trying to find a job that somehow relates to my major always makes me question if I chose the right major or not. It's incredibly frustrating! Majority of the requirements are needing experience and then you always come to the thought of how are you supposed to have experience without a job?? I've only been out of college for 2 months now and I'm still trying to figure it all out. But, I guess it'll take a little longer than I thought.



I moved to our new home in Florida at Eglin AFB just two short weeks after I graduated. Seeing as how Blake was already down here AND had our apartment already, it was really a less than stressful move than anticipated. Probably the only stressful part about it was trying to stuff my entire life into my cute little Ford Focus. I was fortunate enough to have my mother help move me down here and help set up everything in our new apartment. After only two days and a very expensive shopping trip at Walmart, the move was complete.


I have enjoyed every day so far here with my husband and our new life together. Full of beach trips, pool days, and lazy days. Which brings me to why start blogging...again? I want to record our adventures together, the moments that Blake and I have in this new life. I want to actually maintain this as well. And that required a new name. Since I'm no longer in college, the name didn't really fit for what I was wanting. I don't have a specific writing style or category that I'm going to fulfill. I'm going to write whatever I want to - and if you haven't quite followed along my thoughts are pretty sporadic. And that's okay for me!

Welcome to Genuinely Lauren! Where I am living life and loving all that it has to offer to the fullest extent. I hope you have enjoyed the ride.

x Lauren

1 comment:

  1. I never thought I would end up reading so many military spouse blogs... But I kinda love them! Probably because y'all have taken on a responsibility I could NOT do myself. Do you read Casey's blog We Took the Road Less Traveled or Jessica's blog Jessica Lynn Writes? I'm obsessed with them both!

    ReplyDelete