Monday, August 18, 2014

Weekend Wrap-up

I loved this weekend. I loved it a lot. There wasn't anything specific about it that made it super special. But, I got to spend time with my husband. Which is what made it special.

On Friday, I did exactly what I said I would do on my Friday post. I sat myself by the pool, got my tan on, and even finished my reading Confessions of a Party Crasher, which I actually really enjoyed. I didn't know how I would feel about it in the first half of it, and the ending was actually very predictable. But if you are looking for something different, I recommend it! It was pretty entertaining. Reading by the pool is actually my favorite thing to do here. And I will be so sad for when the pool closes soon! :(


Thankfully, Blake had the same idea as me and we hung out by the pool for the rest of the night. Along with some drinks, Little Caesers Pizza, and one of Blake's friends, It was a very nice relaxing Friday night. And I actually prefer doing this than going out to the bar. Call me an old soul, but there is nothing better than spending an evening in my own apartment. #homebody

Saturday Blake had to go into work for a few hours so that left me to go grocery shopping and treated myself to a little craft shopping trip. I have to say, there is nothing better than going into a craft store. It's my little stress reliever. Just roaming around the aisles thinking about all of the possibilities! Also a reason why I go by myself because all Blake will do is complain and ask if we can leave yet. You don't rush the process of creativity!

Saturday night included my relaxation while Blake went to do his Fantasy Football draft. 


Not that I know anything about it, but this is all I here now and probably will for the rest of the season. Once he came home, it was another evening spent playing pool and I got super classy and sipped on some wine. Side bar: a lot of the bars down here are beer and wine only, which I found super strange but not enough to complain about it.

Sunday, early in the morning, we hit the road up past the Alabama border to pick up these babies.


That's right. Now we are going to TWO Alabama games this season. Luckily we'll be in Atlanta that weekend for one of Blake's hometown friends graduating from boot camp at Fort Benning, so you can say this is pretty convenient! Even though the seats aren't that great, the opportunity to just go to the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game is pretty awesome. Now I just have to find another game day outift. Le sigh.


Quite the view, huh? I obviously had to take a pictures during our mini road trip. Or as Blake says it "OOH! Take a picture of that sh!t!" 

Happy Monday! Mine will be spent crafting away to start making our little apartment look like a home :)

 Link up with The Rachel Way and B Loved Boston  

 photo postsign2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment