Tuesday, September 30, 2014

BBQ Chicken Pizza

Last night I made my first homemade meal and all I have to say is that I rock. Blake's grandma was even confused thinking that I haven't been cooking for the past 3 months, but this is the first time that I actually cooked from a recipe that wasn't on the back of a box. Yay, me!

I wanted to do something simple, didn't require too much prep work and that was a good step for homemade cooking. This is the recipe that I followed and it was delicious! Definitely will be making this again.

BBQ Chicken Pizza (via Just a Taste)
  • Pillsbury Pizza Crust
  • Cornmeal
  • 1/2 cup of Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Barbeque Sauce
  • 1/3 cup of chopped onions
  • 1 cup cubed chicken
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • Chopped Spinach for garnish
Directions

Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.

Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until 1/4 inch in thickness. Sprinkle the cornmeal onto a cooking sheet and lay the rolled out dough onto the cooking sheet.

Spread 1/2 of the 1/2 cup of barbeque sauce (1/4 cup) onto the dough. I like my pizza to be very saucy so I used a little more than 1/4 cup. You can adjust however you would like.

Toss the cooked chicken with the remaining 1/4 cup of barbeque sauce. 

Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the barbeque sauce on the dough. Use as liberally or heavily as you choose. Ours was a little heavy on the cheese. On top of the cheese, spread out the chicken evenly throughout the pizza. Sprinkle the chopped onions throughout the pizza. And if you're my husband, move the onion pieces off of 'his corner' of the pizza. Sprinkle more cheese on top.

Ain't that a pretty, delicious sight?

Bake pizza for 10-12 minutes, rotating half way through until edges are golden brown.

Pour yourself a glass of wine while waiting, of course.

Upon removing the pizza from the oven, garnish with chopped spinach (or use cilantro), slice and serve to your very hungry husband.


Looks good, right??

I gotta say, I am super happy with how it turned out. And I will definitely be making it again. Probably next time I'll cook it a lower temperature because it cooked way faster than I anticipated. And I need a roller because I just used my hands to spread the dough out. Not the best recommendation. You live and learn, right?

Now I just need to find a new recipe for next weeks meal!

7 comments:

  1. It looks really yum! Like it came from a restaurant! Well done! -Aroha (for #teamIBOT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love bbq pizza, this looks awesome! And yes insert wine while waiting... love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love to make homemade pizza but I've never made a BBQ pizza. Yours looks fabulous!! Thanks for sharing with us at Delicious Dish Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bbq pizza is one of my favorites! Did your crust get crispy? I always have trouble with that part.

    ReplyDelete