Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday Favorites

This week has been average for me. I didn't have any temp assignments this week so I've got to relax, clean at home, and watch Criminal Minds on Netflix (I'm on season 4). But I've been trolling the job boards and have been struggling to write the coveted cover letter. Bleh.

However, next week I'll be in Alabama! Another little mini vacay on the horizon.

But, enough of that. I've actually been spending a considerable (read: unhealthy) amount of time on Pinterest this week. Mostly on DIY and Home Decor because I'm obsessed with decorating my apartment finding the greatest deals. Side note: who would spend $300 on an ottoman or a mirror?? Like why?? I could find something for 99% of the price at Target and probably much better. I digress.

Quote

Funnies
So much. So so much wrong.

And that supplements my crafting needs, of course.

Not true. But you can't help but laugh.

For the Home
I have been scouring the Pinterest boards for unique ideas for decorating my apartment, and I thought this was too cute to do. I've seen similar ideas but I think it's so simple and tasteful that you would need to explain the meaning behind it.

Hide my shoes in something too cute AND it's a seat?? Yes please.

Clothing
This was hidden deep in my Pinterest closet that I almost forget about it. Of course it doesn't exist anymore, like all cute clothes on Pinterest, but I did find something similar on their website.

Fall
Along with decorations for my home I've been looking all over for Fall decorations too. Both of these are just too cute to not pass up.


FOOD
We eat a lot of garlic bread in our home, I've been wanting to dabble in the home cooking rather than just toss something into the oven and call it a day. I thought that this would be doable and a good start for it!

Picture of Life
Yesterday was the first nice day we've had all week that hasn't rained constantly. So we decided to spend it at the beach once Blake got off work with another couple.

Happy Friday!


6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that Queen/JBieber funny! I love Queen, so I'm highly insulted. :)
    Love that chevron bench. What a great idea for shoes! Love the heart maps too. :)
    And YES to garlic bread! That looks so good!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cracking up over that halloween image and that cheesy bread looks so amazing!!

    xx 365hangers

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I worry for our world...haha! I've been spending too much time on pinterest too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that pin of the map hearts. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those map hearts are definitely awesome. Maps can be used in so many different ways to make cool decor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! The ottoman filled with shoes! I love organization tips like that!
    Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete