Monday, September 29, 2014

Girls Night Out | Weekend Wrapup

It's Monday. It's rainy. And I still feel sick as a dog. But not as much as I did last week because now I find getting off the couch doable. I call that progress my friends.

My girls night was a long time coming; and it was definitely needed. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband, but friends are important. Especially in a new place. All I have to say is: YAY FRIENDS! :):):):)
Selfie needed, obvi.

Friday night, two of the wives and I went to this wine and paint party place on the strip in Fort Walton and it was SO much fun!

There were about 8 other people there with us, and a boyfriend/husband too! He was a real trooper. We joked that if we brought along our husbands that they would beg to go to the nearest bar and have their own male time.

The couple that runs the place are the most adorable two people you would ever meet. The woman is the painter, who is a genius, and the man is the hostess with the mostess. What was really cool about the place is that they really encouraged doing your own thing with the painting and using different colors. They really embraced individuality and even the instructor said that she tries to make the painting different every time.

While I was doing the painting I kept thinking to myself "If I was doing this in my apartment and not in a class this would be taking wayyyyyy longer than 2 and a half hours." Like, honestly. I started sweating because I felt like I was being rushed or had to catch up to everyone else. There was just so much pressure! But, I gotta say I'm happy with how it turned out. I kept wanting to add more to it but had to fight my inner perfectionist control freak and just left it along so that I wouldn't mess it up and then be mad at myself for adding more.


Saturday and Sunday were very chill and laid back. Saturday, Blake had to coach his little league flag football team and the weather is FINALLY starting too cool down (slightly). Meaning that it was deadly humid out and it was comfortable enough to wear pants without sweating.

Cuties, right? What was even more adorable was when one of the kids was running for a touchdown one of the parents was running down the sideline with him while he scored. Probably the most adorable thing I've seen. Sadly they lost though, but only by a touchdown. What Blake heard from last weekend was that the team they played scored an absurdly high amount of points so the game and playing was actually good in comparison.

Sunday, we finally found a church that we both like which is super exciting! And it was only the second church we checked out so I call that a solid win.

Happy Monday! I'll be spending the rest of mine crafting more for our little apartment and tonight I'm cooking my first homemade meal

3 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the link up. I love the wine and paint places too. They are so much fun and it is amazing how much you can get done in those 2 and half hours. Your painting is adorable. Congratulations on finding a church you both like, I am sure that has been pretty difficult. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww what a fun time with your lady friends! So fun having a girl's night out :)

    Thanks for linking up with MMG!

    ReplyDelete