Thursday, September 11, 2014

Never Forget

13 years.

13 years of memories, fear, but most importantly, strength and pride.

Our nation has pulled together and put up a fight to defend our freedom. And we have become successful in doing it.

"Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -George W. Bush Source


Every one always remembers where they were when those towers were struck. I was in 4th grade on my way to school. Every classroom had TVs turned on to the local news channel and they were on all day. It was the only day I can remember when we had the TVs on all day at school. There wasn't much learning going on that day, just about being aware of what was going on in our country.

Last night, Obama gave a public announcement about ISIS and how we're going to handle the issue. Basically what he wants is to continue air strikes on them and to only send 475 additional troops there. He doesn't want any sort of combat, and I understand that. We have been trying so hard since the September 11th attacks to resolve the fight against Iraq and Afghanistan. But I don't think just continuing air strikes is going to get the job done and/or resolve any sort of issue with ISIS. (Disclaimer: This is just my opinion. You of course are entitled to your own. Keep the comments clean :) )

If you were to ask any military member (read: any of the guys my husband works with), they probably all want to be over there. Boots on the ground. Boots on the ground. Boots on the ground. That's all they can talk about and how they would all kill to be over there and "kick some ISIS ass." 


 Being married to a military member, you fear for their life every day they are gone. But I know I would be nothing but proud to stand behind him if he were to fight for our country and to keep us safe again.

We will always remember the lives lost in war and on September 11th. They are forever in our hearts and apart of what makes the United States of America the greatest country to live in.

1 comment:

  1. I can't even believe it's been 13 years. I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news as well, and I honestly couldn't believe it at first. Not until I got to school and saw everyone watching the TVs in shocked silence. Surreal.

    ReplyDelete