Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Chile Con Queso

A few weeks ago for one of our Saturday football days where we lounge all day on the couch I wanted to actually make some queso dip that required a stove and didn't come from a Tostitos jar. We also had one of Blake's friends come over and join in our ritual so it was even more of a reason to whip something up.

It was delicious and I'll definitely be making it again! Either I'll make half of it, use a bigger pan, or invite more people over.
Recipe from The Pioneer Woman
  • Mild Pork Sausage
  • 2 - 10oz cans of Rotel Mild Diced Tomatos
  • Diced Onions
  • 32oz Velveta Cheese
  • Taco Seasoning
After cooking the sausage with onions, draining the fats and oils and such, sprinkling in the taco seasoning, you add the Rotel and cubed Velveta. I probably should've cut it into more cubes because it was overflowing and a little difficult to stir around.

Definitely needed a bigger pan. And most definitely will be cutting this recipe in half.
Colorful isn't it?? And was mighty tasty. I would suggest always keeping it warm. It thickens up pretty quickly when it starts to cool down. Not that it derails from the taste of it, but it makes for scooping easier if it's kept warm.

Next week, if all goes well with my cooking efforts, I'll be sharing my next cooking attempt that is being made my yours truly :)

7 comments:

  1. Delicious! It's a good snack for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cheesy recipes. Looks like an easy and delicious dip for football season as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man this looks so good! There was a mcalisters on campus when I was in college and they had the best chili con queso dip ever and ever since I've been dying to try to make one on my own! I might have to try out this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks DELISH! I never thought to add sausage, great recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never have thought of anything like that! I don't think it's my cup of tea, but I do like the colours in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good queso dip- this looks amazing as well!! I'll have to try this recipe asap!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Delicious Dish Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete