Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Creamy Tomato Tortellini

Yes, another successful meal and my cooking skills in training!

Well, successful in my opinion anyways. Blake thought otherwise. Then again he doesn't like anything with tomatoes so I guess that might've been my bad. Oh well. Still delicious in my book!
Recipe (Sauce found on Rachel Schultz)
  - 1 cup vegetable broth
  - 2 cups tomato pasta sauce
  - 1/2 cup heavy cream
  - Package of tortellini
  - Italian sausage
  - Chopped spinach
  - Diced onion
  - Salt & pepper

Heat broth, pasta sauce, and cream in a medium pot. Season with salt and pepper. Add cooked tortellini, sausage, spinach, and onion to pot. Garnish with mozzarella cheese.
Pretty simple, right? And super delicious. I already said that. But I just wanted to say it again.

The sauce makes 3 cups. And bonus points, kinda doubles as tomato soup!

So, definitely try this out! You won't be disappointed. Unless your husband doesn't like tomato based sauces like mine does, then you're kinda out of luck. But you will have leftovers for the next 3 days all to yourself.

6 comments:

  1. This looks delicious!! YUM! I make a sausage-tortellini soup that is super yummy to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I have a pack of frozen tortellini that I can't wait to use for something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! I love tortellini and tomatoes so that's a win in my book :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE soup and this looks delish! Perfect for fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great winter meal. I think my husband would love something like this to take to work when it's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks delicious!!! A definite comfort food :)

    Hello from #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete