Monday, October 27, 2014

Free-Man, MO | Weekend Wrapup


I haven't been home for a full 24 hours yet and I still don't think I've fully recovered. Probably won't until next week.

And we've already vowed to not take another road trip for an unreasonable amount of time. Especially not 15 hour ones.

Friday and Saturday we're very good days to end our trip in Missouri on. I'll be short and brief because I'm still uber tired and I have to find some way to stay awake until The Blacklist is on at 9.

Friday we went to the high school football game because that's what you do in a small town and Blake's brother was playing too.
We also tailgated beforehand, even though that's not a thing to do but it's what Blake and his friends do. They also wore their old football jersey's and embraced their true has-ben-ness
Isn't that sunset to die for? With all of their state champion flags flying through.

Saturday was spent packing up our car and getting everything together because we knew that it wasn't going to get done later that night or in the morning before we had to leave. We went to lunch with Blake's friend at Longhorn and I got this sandwich called the Rocky Top Chicken Sandwich which I found hilarious because Alabama was playing Tennessee. Needless to say Blake didn't talk to me for the rest of the meal and really wanted me to call it the "Roll Tide Chicken Sandwich."

One of Blake's friends was having a 'brush pile' which is small town code for bonfire. I am not joking, these things are huge. The first time I went to one when we first started dating, his friend said "sorry this is kinda small." And I'm just over here thinking dude, I'm from the suburbs and this is huge by any normal persons standards.
The picture doesn't do justice. But just so you can kinda get an idea.

I think it goes without saying that the drive back was rough due to staying out till 2am and hopping in the car at 7am. Not the greatest idea on our parts.

I'll end it with another picture of a tree. This was my favorite tree that I saw while I was in Missouri. And, bonus points, it was right down the road from Blake's house. And I definitely stopped my car on the side of the road just to take a picture of it. I regret nothing.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog through the Monday Mingle link up. It looks and sounds like you had an awesome time! The sunset picture is absolutely stunning and the picture of the tree was definitely worth stopping for! Get some rest after the Blacklist!
    Sarah
    coffeeandglitter14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol it's a beautiful tree ;) Sounds like an awesome weekend - hope you get some recovery time.

    Thanks for linking up with MMG!

    ReplyDelete