Thursday, October 30, 2014

One Lovely Blog

It's a sad day in our household. Has been since last night when the Royals had a sad sad loss with a runner on THIRD BASE. Bottom of the 9th. 2 outs. Giants are up 3-2. It honestly couldn't get any sadder than that. Where they we're sooo close!. Now, I thought Gordon should've taken the plunge and just ran home anyways instead of listening to the third base coach and staying at third. Would've made for better TV and gave all of the fans a heart attack of seeing if he would've been safe or out. I personally would've rather had them lose by getting that out than a stupid foul pop fly. Doesn't make anything exciting. Even if I was a Giants fan I don't think I would be very happy winning that way.

But now it's a sad day in the world because baseball is officially over. How many days until spring training?

Today I'm combining the one lovely blog award and #blogtober14 prompts, where you basically get to find out everything about lil' ol' me. Lucky you, right? :)

I was nominated by Ashley from Girl Talk!
Here are the rules are quite simple...
1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Add the One Lovely Blog Award to your post or blog
3. Share 7 facts about yourself
4. Nominate 15 bloggers you admire / read and let them know they have been nominated by commenting on their blog.
How cute our engagement pictures from last year? #tbt

I tried to search for old Halloween pictures but my freshman year of college wasn't throwback enough for me.

Now who wants to know 7 random facts about me?
1. I didn't start actually drinking/making my coffee until last year. Now I don't know how I've lasted this long without it. The only time before last year I drank coffee was buying from Starbucks and Dunkin.
2. My husband and I only dated for 5 months before we got engaged! Yes, you read that correctly. And then we we're engaged for 4 months before we got married.
3. I always have to have nail polish on my nails. And they look like as if I have fake nails. Nope, my nails are naturally long and strong :)
4. I was a math major before I graduated with a bachelors in communications. My long time dream was to become a high school math teacher. Now I've decided to shoot higher and be a professor in communications.
5. I've been crafting since I could walk. One of my longtime loves and hobbies.
6. I used to be a figure skater when I was younger and competed competitively. I used to think I would go to the Olympics but that dream died when I was 12.
7. I didn't take up running until my freshman year of college. Despised it before that and still do, but now it's a love hate relationship.

Now, I'm going to be like Opera and nominate everyone! You get a nomination! You get a nomination! Everyone gets a nomination!

Helene in Between Blogtober


6 comments:

  1. Speaking on engagement photos and weddings.. your Bride Q & A will be featured in just a few short weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freaking awesome that you used to figure skate!!! Thanks for linking up lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is the cutest post!!! I have a love hate relationship with running too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh this reminds me I got nominated for this while I was on vacation too! Ooops haven't done mine yet. Love the Oprah thing at the end. That's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and PS I was DYING last night watching that last inning. I was squeezing my dogs paw because I didn't have a hand to do it to and I was screaming at my TV. I agree he should have gone home on that error out in left field!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My engagement story (also a military spouse) is similar: dated for 2 months, got engaged, married 7 months later. It's a common trend!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete