Monday, October 6, 2014

Weekend Wrapup

Happy Monday! I won't lie, this weekend was super relaxing and we didn't do anything out of the ordinary that normally happens every weekend. BUT we got a little surprise from good ol' Florida Mother Nature with some b-e-a-u-ti-ful fall weather! I certainly enjoyed it while it lasted very shortly. It's starting to be a little chill in the mornings (according to Blake) which means maaybbbeee the good ol' fall weather will grace us with her good graces. Yes? I think so? Hopefully.

Here are some lovely pictures from my iPhone that I snapped this weekend. And by lovely I mean they're kinda meh. But what's a post without pictures right? Like I said this weekend wasn't very eventful, but at least pictures were taken.

Yes. Finally got me some Starbs. And no it's not a Pumpkin Spice Latte. I'm more of a Salted Caramel Mocha type of gal. Blake's little league football team had two games on Saturday so I took it upon myself to run over to the BX and grab a coffee. Probably should've snatched a blanket or jacket because it was a little bit chilly.

Not the most flattering picture. One of Blake's friends came over and took claim over our couch to watch some SEC football. So I decided to make some queso dip. And not like just buy a jar of Tostito's either. Like really make queso dip from scratch. Still a few kinks to work out on this one. This is the recipe I used as a reference.

Rally cap came on in the last few minutes of the Ole Miss vs. Alabama game. Sad to say they lost and my poor husband wasn't the happiest after that.

Sunday was another beautiful fall weather day. I went to church and finally got to wear my usual fall attire of sweaters and scarfs and I was too excited about it. All I needed was my boots and sadly they didn't make the move down here from Illinois. I put in a special request to my mother to send them down, pronto tanto.

And due to the fall weather outside, I felt the urge to hop on over to AC Moore to check out their fall decor and they were full of sales. Got myself some candles, fall colored mums, and some other super discounted decor. I'm hoping by next week or so my living room will finally be finished of decorations. But we shall see.

I'll leave you here with a little Monday Motivation. I know I sure needed it this morning to get my butt in gear and in our gym downstairs. It's a work in progress, but it helps.


8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the weather is starting to cooperate with you guys!! Sometimes the weekends where nothing out of the ordinary happens are the best ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing beats homemade queso dip!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend. Sometimes the uneventful ones are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That questo dip looks amazing!!! It's been so hot here in California, I cannot wait for it to cool down and feel like fall Lisa @ Showered With Design

    ReplyDelete
  5. That queso looks delish!!
    It's nice to see the weather in Florida cooling down. Fall/Winter in Florida is always my favorite time of year!

    Andrea | thepineapplecake.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun weekend, I'm all about the Salted Caramel Mocha drink.That dip looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need some queso dip now.......dang that looks good. College football was absolute craziness this past weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Weekends that aren't terribly exciting have been becoming my favorite lately! That dip does look delicious! I am also sad Bama lost. What an upset.

    Hope you have a great week!

    Cheers,
    Alyson

    ReplyDelete