Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Currently

With yesterday being Veteran's Day, I got a special treat of Blake having the day off and we got to spend time together and having a day of running around, checking out all of the deals, and me being super grateful that I get to spend my life with him. Cue the sappy, proud wife moment :D We even turned it into a date night and went to Shrimp Basket for the first time - and it was delicious! Best fettuccine shrimp alfredo I've ever had!
 photo 11121.png
Today on this Wednesday I feel like doing a Currently... since I want to write and don't really know what exactly to write about it, duh.

Currently...


making -- lists upon lists including books, crafts, recipes, shows to watch on Netflix, and a playlist for Blake to listen to when he gets his first tattoo on Sunday. Anything to distract the man.

looking -- I'm looking around at redesigning this little space so I've been doing my research and even made a mood board on Pinterest! I'm probably going to end up doing it after the new year - you know new year, new design type of thing.

eating -- my old college favorite of barbeque chicken, rice and salsa. Extremely filling and oh so comforting. Nothing like soup, but it's definitely a close second.

watching -- I'm coming towards the end of Gilmore Girls on Netflix and I don't know how I will survive. I forgot how much I loved the show as a young tot and 7 seasons a very long commitment.

creating -- I'm still trying to create the gallery wall in our living room, I have two little crafts to finish and then to print out all of our wedding pictures. And I have my love birds canvas that I painted from my girls wine and paint party in September.

wishing -- I'm really, really wishing for employment. I can't help but feeling discouraged about I've been here in Florida since June and I still don't have a job. I've just been feeling really down about it and that I'm not hearing anything back from any jobs I apply for. It just all around sucks, to put it simply.

planning -- all of the fun things that I'll get to do when I'm home for Christmas. I've already planned line dancing with my sister, mom, and aunt, and definitely hitting up Portillos more than once while I'm there.

enjoying -- finally getting to have fall weather down here! I mean going to the beach in October is nice and all but I love wearing sweaters and jeans. Especially now that I have my boots down here, no thanks to my sweet mother :)

wearing -- my workout clothes from my cross-training this morning: running shorts and FILA Sport long-sleeved shirt.

eyeing -- all of the beautiful Christmas decor that is in all of the stores that I want to spend our money on. Plus I don't think everything would fit in our apartment.

reading -- I'm about halfway through with Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. I've had it for a few years now and just waiting on other books I have on hold from my Kindle Library. I actually didn't realize how much I would enjoy this book!

loving -- that Thanksgiving is coming up. I've always loved Thanksgiving because of all of the food and family time. Since I'm not spending it with family this year, Blake and I are trying to make plans with some of the guys he works with and have a big Thanksgiving all together. Quite exciting stuff going on here.

Have a great day!

 photo postsign2.png

7 comments:

  1. You and your honey make a cute couple. Glad you got to spend Veterans Day with him. Wishing you much luck in finding a job!

    Popped over from the FitnessBlondie linkup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creating a mood board before a redesign is such a great idea...I may have to borrow it for when I redesign my blog. It seems everyone is watching the Gilmore Girls lately...I have never seen it but I have heard it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time with your hubby and line dancing with the girls, all great things! I'm sorry you're not having any luck looking for work. :/ I hope that the process turns around for you soon, and wish you all the best going foward.
    (Stopping by from Weds Wishes)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Westerfeld and the Uglies series is one of my favorite series. If you like Westerfeld then have you checked out Garth Nix? Also, you two look great in that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you two got to spend the day together!! Seriously, beautiful couple!!
    I've been catching up on all of my shows but once I do? I'll be diving into Gilmore Girls!! Love that show!
    I'm so sorry things have yet to work out with a job. Trust me, we know all about that these days. But trust me again when I say that things WILL work out! And when it does, you'll look back and understand why it took so long! But until then, crossing my fingers that something works out for you asap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. im really excited about christmas decorations too! ive been trying to find a cute wreath. xo jillian - stop by! I'm hosting a great jewelry giveaway on cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a few days late, but please wish your husband a Happy Veterans' Day from me!

    Also I LOVE Uglies/Pretties/Specials. I own all three. I also liked Extras, but it's more of a companion novel, and I didn't feel the need to buy it.

    Good luck in the job hunt. I know how frustrating that can be. I took me months of searching just to get an interview, and I ended up finding my current job on Craig's List.

    ReplyDelete