Monday, November 3, 2014

Weekend Wrapup

The first weekend of November has commenced and who would've thought, it was freezing! Like between 40s and 50s freezing. I don't know about you, but no matter the state or location, 40-50 degrees is still 40-50 degrees! I kinda forgot that though. Thinking that Florida is way different or something. Nope, still cold, as if I was in Chicago.

Even thought Friday was Halloween, we ended up staying at home. I didn't have a costume and Blake had a rough day at work so we relaxed and tried to find Halloween movies to watch. What's surprising though is that there was not a very good selection, or selection at all really, on TV. All I wanted to watch was Halloweentown! But noooo. Disney Channel dropped the ball on that one. So we ended up watching Catching Fire. Which I thought was kinda like a Halloween movie since it involves murder and 'costumes' that nobody really wears on a daily basis.

Saturday was the beginning of our weather change. Blake had to coach his little league team in the morning and one of his friends stopped into town because we brought back some of his stuff when we we're in Missouri. After watching a little football (and Air Force beat the Army!) we went to a late lunch at Floyds. Normally we go to Floyds for all you can eat popcorn shrimp, but we decided to eat other items off their menu. Needless to say, we'll probably just stick to going their for their popcorn shrimp. After lunch we walked on the boardwalk where I feared for my life of being blown over the side of the rail due to the immense speed of wind going on that day. Terrifying but was super pretty!
And, bonus, Starbucks came back with their red seasonal cups! Day after Halloween is always a good day at Starbucks
Sunday, Blake had to go in to work at an evil early time so I had a relaxing morning. When he got back and while he napped I went grocery shopping and grabbed a few Redbox because they we're for free! Gotta love the occasional free coupons that get sent my way via text.
The Fault in our Stars and Draft Day we're the picks and super good! I have to say I do like the book wayyy better. The movie was still good. And Draft Day was an interesting pick that I didn't expect to enjoy. Not your typical sports movie, but I do recommend it!

Happy Monday, all!

6 comments:

  1. lol Catching Fire does have a Halloween feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny that they didn't have any Halloween movies on Halloween, because Saturday night there were several! Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Monday, Lauren! Another great thing about the days after Halloween are the discount candy being sold in preparation for stocking the shelves with Christmas items. Wishing a restful week for you and Blake :)

    www.lovecompassionatelee.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all such gorgeous pictures!! Yay for Red Cups, too!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very excited about red Starbucks cups and the creme brulee latte. Yay, for the most wonderful time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute blog! Hopping over from Mingle Monday! hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete