Tuesday, December 16, 2014

DIY Holiday Wreath

The holiday's definitely bring out the crafting itch in me. I mean, I'm always crafting and personalizing our first apartment together as you can see here, here, and here. I of course had to create a new wreath for the holidays and retire my Alabama wreath I made for my husband.

I did tons of research (read: Pinterst) on how I wanted my wreath to look. Something that obviously showed off our monogram and had a little rustic flare. And I couldn't be more happy with how it turned out!
Pretty ain't it?? :) I thought so too. I won't lie that when my husband saw it he said "You're trying to keep me from going to work aren't you?? I'm going to be so distracted from the glitter and shininess of this, I won't be able to walk out the door!" Heh. Heh. Heh. May or may not have been my plan.

Everything I got is from A.C. Moore. Then again, all of my Christmas and other holiday decor comes from there as well. I go there on a weekly basis.
The supplies you will need:
  - Twig 18in wreath
  - Letter M
  - Hot glue gun
  - Green glitter shrubbery
  - Metallic gold leaves and holly
  - Red holiday ribbon
  - Floral wire
  - Red paint and glitter

The key is for this beautiful masterpiece is that you can stick all of the shrubbery, leaves, and holly into the twig wreath. But what I did, just for good measure, was attach with floral wire as well so that all of the pieces would stay in place once I've retired the wreath for the season.

I've had this up for three weeks now and everything is still in tact! 

If you're looking to create something for the holiday season, or still wondering what to get your fellow crafting lover, Raise.com is your number one stop shop for all of your gift card needs! No matter the store: Walmart, Target, or even Michaels, gift cards are always in large supply at Raise.com. And the searching through their gift cards is so easy!

Even if you receive gift cards that aren't really your style or the type of store you shop for, you can also sell them for a slightly discounted price of the original value of the gift card.

So if you're still searching for gift ideas for all of your friends and family, hop on over to Raise.com and search through the directory of stores for all of your gift card needs. If you decide to make a purchase of Walmart, Target, or Michaels gift cards, use them to make purchases on all of the discounted holiday decorations and start your supply for next year! I know that's what I plan on doing :)
Disclaimer: This is a post written by me inspired by Raise.com. All opinions are 100% mine

 photo postsign2.png

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! The more glittery and shiny the better :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing! I have always wanted to make one of these wreathes. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful. With so many great craft ideas being posted about right now I think we should change the words to "T'is the season for hot glue guns, falalalala-lalalala!..." #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete