Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Mozzrella Stuffed Meatballs

We've got another successful meal on the blog today!

Let me preface first that this was my second attempt at making meatballs. My first attempt didn't turn out so great and what we would like to call a Pinterest fail. But I didn't give up! I was motivated to find me a recipe that would give it just the right amount of flavor or a little something extra and the Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs from Baker By Nature did the trick.

Ingredients:
  - 1 pound of ground beef
  - 3 tablespoons of minced garlic
  - 1 egg
  - 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
  - 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
  - 2 teaspoons of Parsley
  - Salt and ground pepper to taste
  - 1 cup of whole wheat Panko bread crumbs
  - 1/2 cup of water
  - 2 sticks of mozzarella string cheese
  - 4 tablespoons of olive oil

Preheat oven to 400F. Heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Allow oil to simmer while mixing the meatball ingredients.

Add all of the ingredients above, besides olive oil, to a mixing bowl and mix well with your hands. That's right. This isn't some meatball recipe where you can mix with a spatula or spoon; might be why my last recipe failed.

Scoop 1 tablespoon of meat into small ball. Press a bite sized cube of string cheese into the ball, then cover with another scoop of meat. Roll to seal the cheese in the meat

Fry raw meatballs in the skillet, 2 minutes on each side.

Place semi-cooked meatballs on cooking sheet and cook for 10-12 minutes or until fully cooked
Look at that string cheese just oozing out of the meat!
This was definitely a successful attempt! Blake is normally my go-to guinea pig and whenever I get a thumbs up from him I feel that I've hit the jackpot of cooking!

I topped these off with spaghetti and even used the leftover meatballs the next day for a meatball sub. Both great meals!

 photo postsign2.png

3 comments:

  1. Ive made something similar to this in a muffin tin and they are SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmm these look good! I always bake my meatballs, but I bet doing them on the stove first adds some flavor - and I can't wait to try stuffing mine next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM these would be a huge hit in my house :-D

    Merry Christmas Eve!

    ReplyDelete