Wednesday, December 3, 2014

#HashtagHumpDay | Vol.2

Hello friends!

It's #HashtagHumpDay! Thanks for joining Laura and I for our 2nd week of our new baby link-up! If you're missing out this week, no sweat, just join us next week and every Wednesday after that!
#Hashtaghumpday @ Genuinely Lauren
Let's call these rules the 'skinny' because rules just sounds way to formal and this is anything but:
  • Talk about whatever you like! Just as long as you ad a #hashtag at the end of it because it's #fun
  • Link your post up here or with my gal pal Laura so we can read all about your life and thoughts #takenoprisoners
  •  Comment on at least one other post and make friends because that's the point of linkup right? #letsbefriends
  • Share it on social media and add #hashtaghumpday #allofthesocialmedia
  • Have fun! #hashtageverything
I hit 14,000 pageviews on Saturday! I know it doesn't seem like much, but since I started back up blogging again in June - it was a pretty great achievement for me! I definitely screamed a little and did a slight dance by myself #noragrets #imgettingfamous #justkidding
I've grown a love of the slow-churned Edy's ice cream and I've gotten it into my mind that if it's half the fat that means that I get to eat double of it. Even though I'm trying to eat a tad bit better, I will never say no or give up on Ice cream #givememore
Speaking of food, and how I said on Monday that I volunteered to make a lot of the food for Thanksgiving, I continued to be in the kitchen for the entire day to make sure none of the other food burst into flames and burnt the house to the ground. I definitely saw it happening in my mind whenever one of the guys stepped into the kitchen #stayoutofmykitchen #eventhoughidontlivehere
And it definitely was no surprise when in the beginning all of the guys were watching football and me and the other wife were "babysitting" the food. #goodoltraditions
Of course the day after Thanksgiving I got asked for my Christmas list and I couldn't think of anything! I think it's gotten to the point where I don't need or want any material objects. Lists were simpler when I was a kid and all I wanted were toys/the newest crafting thing
All I really want is to light up my apartment like the Griswold house. Wouldn't that look great with one apartment glowing from my apartment complex #lightitup #likeachristmastree
Speaking of lights, my all time favorite part of the holidays are those houses that have the lights blinking to the sound of music. I act like a little kid whenever I see them #oohshiny! #butthatelectricbillthough
My absolute favorite is Carol of the Bells and you have to check out this video and you'll see why these light shows are so awesome!
Link up below and join in on the #fun!

6 comments:

  1. What a fun linkup, idea!

    I'm a huge fan of Christmas lights and watch all the different light youtube videos I can, this time of year. And A Christmas Story, could there be a better Christmas movie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the lights on different houses--part of my holiday tradition with my mom is to drive around and look at all the lights in the neighborhoods. When you find one that has gone all out, it's like a special find! :)
    I couldn';t link up today because I've been crazy busy this week but I'll try and link up next week with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Houses are my favorite too - I feel like a little kid - I just get excited!!!!

    And oh, 14,000 hits - is a really big thing - congratulations!!!!!!

    My (now) mother-in-law asks me every year what I want for Christmas, and I never really WANT or NEED anything - this year, I had to make something up. Because I know it's hard to shop for someone when you have no ideas - so I figured I would ask for old TV series on DVD - so I'm hoping the complete series of House, Gilmore Girls, and Smallville is under her tree! hehehehe

    Thanks for a new link up!!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was awesome! I love all the gifs you've used. I know what you mean though about being a bit worried when guys take over the kitchen. It can either go good or bad. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 14k page views and thanks for the link up! I was up snowboarding this weekend and there was a house in the cabin neighborhood that was all one up and I got all excited and our friends in the car started laughing - #likeakid

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lights are my favorite thing too. I wish I could afford to put lights up over my whole house and make it the beacon of Christmas spirit in my neighborhood. For now I just do it around my door. They are so much $ and effort, I wish they just magically appeared and put themselves up! Congrats on 14K views! I haven't checked mine in a while, I should do that. Happy week two! Oh, PS, I'm out of town next week so it will be hard for me to go all out for #HTHD. I will be sure to get as much figured out before I leave as possible and get a post ready... but as far as follow up and promotion I might be lacking...just FYI.

    ReplyDelete