Monday, December 29, 2014

Hometown Fun

So, all of last week I went home for the holidays. And this is kinda going to be a photo dump just because I did SO MUCH! I mean, come on. Of course there are going to be a lot of pictures from a week of hometown fun. Most of it involves crafting and/or eating, naturally. So you all have been warned!

What was pretty cool about my flight to Chicago was that I got free alcohol because I changed seats for a family to sit together. Hollaaaa!
My mom picked me up from the airport and we went straight to my family Christmas party on my Dad's side. My Mom, sisters, and I didn't know we we're all coordinating until we we're taking pictures. Gotta love when that happens!
And of course it's always a big deal whenever newborns or young tots are at the party. Rager Party rule of thumb: You will never see your newborn unless they're crying or you're leaving to go home.
My cousin being sweet to the new baby :)
Sunday, my mom, sisters and I all went out to dinner at Maggiano's. We we're planing on going to a Christmas Lights show but didn't know we had to purchase tickets beforehand and it ended up being sold out! We we're pretty disappointed, moreso me, because who doesn't love a good lights show??
So then we ended up driving around the neighborhoods and being creepy looking at lights. It's fine. This one was playing music!
I did a lot of crafting. Like I didn't stop crafting until Christmas Eve. These will all have their own instructional posts probably later on. The wine glasses are actually from our family party and my aunt made them. We just went over them with oil-based sharpies so they wouldn't wipe off.
Running Bib and Medal holder for my aunt! A little different than the one I made my Mom but still just as cute!
And a necklace holder for my sister!
I got to meet up with a lot of my friends in the beginning of the week. One of my friends and I went to Red Robin where they have alcohol milkshakes! I got a Guinness milkshake and it tasted just like chocolate :)
The look on Hayden's face is absolutely priceless
e
Christmas Eve we went out to church and dinner with my Dad.
Christmas is a long one for us. We go to both of my parent's house, my mom's family comes over, and then we go to my mom's aunt's house (following along here?). It's a lot. This year we went bowling that night and it was so much fun!
Got myself a Keurig! Now I'm a member of the cool coffee drinkers club. It's a thing.
"Guise. Can we pleeaaasseee open prezies already???" - Hayden

This was a year of crafts and my sisters made this super sweet shadow box for my childhood dog that passed away a year ago. I definitely cried.
Battle of the in-laws! (For last place)
Friday we went out line dancing to warm up our skills for our Nashville trip in April! And I ran into one of my sorority friends from college.
Saturday I got to have breakfast with one of my best friends before I flew home. I absolutely loved catching up and seeing everyone. Blake picked me up with roses and we exchanged our presents. He did pretty good for not asking for any ideas!

Hope everyone had a great holiday!

 photo postsign2.png

5 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun trip! Your hubby did a really good job - especially showing up with roses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love the wine glasses!
    Sarah
    coffeeandglitter14.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red robin has alcoholic milkshakes? Who knew! Ill have to remember that for when we visit the States in June or July!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great trip!! So nice of you to change you seats for the family (and you got some benefit from it!!)
    Love all of the fun family pictures together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! you are so adorable! I am doing a FREE BURBERRY fragrance giveaway if you want to enter!! www.xoxokat.com

    ReplyDelete