Monday, December 15, 2014

Weekend Wrapup

Good Monday, all!

I got a little surprise on Friday that Blake got the day off. I just love when these happen because they don't happen often enough. So like I mentioned on Thursday that our original plan this weekend was to go see a car on Sunday. Well, since Blake got the day off, we just decided to hop in the car and drive on over to Mobile and see said truck.

Yes. You read that right. We drove to Mobile. Which is 2 and a half hours away from where we live! My husbands idea. Not mine. Homeboy is willing to drive as far as it takes to get the cheapest deal on a truck. Crazy kid.

Obviously, we got to have a little mini road trip!

And we got a huuuggeee surprise when we pulled up to see the truck.

We would much rather deal with private parties when getting vehicles (read: Craigslist). So much to our surprise that we pulled into a repo lot. Where all of the vehicles there we're pieces of crap.

I'm sorry. But if you list the vehicle on Craigslist. Or anywhere for that matter. I would expect you to list if there are any problems with said vehicle. Don't say that the tires are "as good as new" when they barely have a tread on them! Even when we called to ask if there we're any mechanical issues because we didn't want to waste a drive up there, don't say that it "works perfectly fine" Because it didn't work perfectly fine!!

Needless to say, we didn't buy the truck. If the tires we're actually drivable we might have purchased it. But it was a risk to drive it two and a half hours back.

So back to Florida we went.
Blake: "What are you doing??"
Me: "Having fun. Smile!"
We got to see a pretty sunset on the way back as well.

On our way back one of my wife friends texted me if we wanted to play pool when we got back. So we went and played and then went out afterwards for a little country line dancing. My personal fave. Blake was partial to the mechanical bull riding.
Saturday, both Blake and I had to go into a work. I had a smaller wedding to serve and the bride made the most beautiful floral arrangements. You would think that this is what she does for a living. But no. I'm pretty sure my manager and I convinced her to change career paths and get into being a wedding florist.
Isn't this cross beautiful?? I wish I had that to hang up in my home. Which I'm sure was her purpose to do with it after the wedding.

Sunday started with a run to Starbucks and started a new book The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks. My mom actually got me this book for Spring Break two years ago for a "beach read" but I clearly didn't do any reading at all then, ha :)
We've gotten into kind of a routine on Sundays where we watch Redbox movies all day. Which I'm not complaining at all! We also tried a new Chinese takeout down the street and it was sooooo good! And it looked like a sketched out place but apparently those are the best ones, as what Blake tells me.

Lets have a great start to the week!

 photo postsign2.png

6 comments:

  1. Guys are crazy when they find a truck they like. A while back when Joshua was deployed he found a truck he loved in South Carolina that he wanted me to go and check out. Which hey it wouldn't of been so bad had I not been living back home w/ my parents in PENNSYLVANIA while he was away. So I did what any "normal" wife woulda done & drove to SC w/ my Father in Law. Thankfully the truck was in good condition & we ended up purchasing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, what a bummer about the truck. People are so shisty sometimes. Glad the night ended well, though! That cross is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about all the trouble you went to see the truck and have it turn out to be junk. That's SUPER annoying.
    Looks like you had a good weekend overall, though, despite the long drive for nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sketchy places - are usually the best. We have a whole in the wall DIVE taco place - Best food in all of our town. Same thing with Chinese. Unfortunately our favvy Chinese place has gone completely sketchtastic - we had to find a new one. :( so sad.

    And I am sorry to hear about that truck. I hate when people LIE on Craigslist ads. Makes me angry. I'm sure you will find one soon enough that will be worth the wait.

    And Movies all day? YES AND YES - the last half of our Sunday was spent doing the very same!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! You know, this whole story about driving hours to see a truck?...Sounds exactly like something my man would do too. Trust me. He's a huge fan of all things cars and would do THAT for a good deal, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That stinks about the truck. Sorry you had to drive all that way!

    ReplyDelete