Thursday, December 11, 2014

When It Rains

Anyone ever feel that when it rains, it pours?

And I'm not talking about the Florida weather down here. Because it definitely pours whenever it rains.
Had to liven up the mood just a touch :) It was getting a little too serious for me there.

So I'm sharing some real emotions here. There is a light at the end of this, I promise you.

I have the possibility of starting a 9-month temporary job in January. And we only have one car between the two of us which Blake uses to drive to work. Whenever I do other random temp jobs that end up being on base so it's not as big as issue. But this job, at least the first month of it, I believe is a half hour away. So sharing a car is a little difficult for us.

Blake's always searching for trucks on Craigslist, like probably every day. So his search isn't any different but it's a little more so now.

We don't really have the money to buy a car outright, even like a $3-5,000 car like what we plan on buying. So what we've been doing the past week or so is going to bank after bank after bank to get a small auto loan. Nothing we can't handle. But we keep getting denied

I can't tell you how upsetting it is to be denied by all of the banks in our area for a small loan. And he's our only bread winner so it's not like I can take one out in my name because I don't make any money.

We found out that the reason that we keep getting denied for this small loan is because, conveniently now, we have student loans and such hitting our credit. That we haven't been notified about until now. We had this issue two months ago with a school Blake went to, that he had no idea he even had a student loan in his name. We solved that issue by paying it off, no problem. But now we have another loan that oh so conveniently decides to show up on our credit history.

I'm not here to complain. But we've been having a stressful time here the past few weeks. And I just needed to lift this off my shoulders because it is weighing heavily on my heart.

I'm trying to take a step back and look at all that I'm thankful for to have in my life. Trying to look at the brighter side of things. But it's also hard when you have that ugly stress weighing its ugly head over you.

I am thankful, though.

I'm thankful for my husband, for providing for our small family and starting in a new place with none of our family around.

I'm thankful that I finally have the opportunity to work full time. Even if it is for 9 months.

But I'm mostly thankful for my family. They have been so helpful with everything. Especially my mom. Now because of her, we're able to seriously look at vehicles and have the option to purchase one. I couldn't be more grateful for that.

And also because of her, we're able to go look at a truck on Sunday, one that is low miles, great price, and everything we could hope for.

I told you there was a light at the end of all this :)
Thank you all for listening!

 photo postsign2.png

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad there is a light on the end of it - It's hard when you are starting out. I remember when my (now) husband and I were getting our home loan - - - and it was a pain in the tuchkus - things just flew out of my credit history that I had no idea of .... Student loans are awful. I think they need to be regulated, you wind up paying for your education like 5 times by time you pay off the darn loan. **SIGHS**

    I hope it works out with the truck. And good luck with this new temp job.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand the one car issue! That's the situation we're in too (well, technically the car we are using now is a borrowed car, ha). I'm glad you got the help you needed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first year we were married was paycheck-to-paycheck paying off all the loans and credit cards. I didn't really work that first year, and we shared a vehicle for a few months (it was just mine when he was deployed). These days will pass!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that there's a light at the end of that tunnel for you--I can imagine how frustrating that would be, especially if you didn't know about the loans! How do they even do that??
    Glad it's all working out now, and congrats on the job! :)

    ReplyDelete