Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Supreme Chicken Pasta Bake

Since the weather stooped down to a whopping 20 degrees here in Florida sometime last week, I felt the need for comfort food. And next to Chili, I really wanted pasta and cheese and baked in all of it's glory. I want pasta every day of the week, but that's besides the point.

I really wanted to try something different than pasta that was unique but you could still compare a little to Hamburger Helper; and I found this beauty:


Recipe from Inside BruCrew Life:
  - 3 cups of pasta
  - 1 cup of cooked cubed chicken
  - 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
  - 3 tablespoons of butter
  - 3 tablespoons of flour
  - 2 cups chicken broth
  - 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
  - 1 1/2 cups shredded mexican cheese
  - 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  - 1 - 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
  - salt and pepper for seasoning

Saute butter and garlic for two minutes in medium size skillet. Stir in flour and whisk chicken broth. Cook until broth thickens up lightly.

Whisk in yogurt. Add 1 cup mexican cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Stir until melted. Stir in pasta, cooked chicken and diced tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.

Place in baking dish. I used two different sizes (smaller than 9x13) because they we're leftover from Thanksgiving. Add remaining 1/2 cups of mexican cheese and mozzarella cheese on top of pasta once in baking dishes. Cook for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Or until cheese is melted.


I absolutely loved it. It was cheesy. The diced tomatoes gave it a different flavor. And I had enough left overs to last me for lunch for 3 days so I call that a solid win.

I'm really trying to make better meals that my super picky husband will like and not complain that I repeat meals so much. But if something works, why fix it?? S.O.S. for recipes please. Pinterest can only help me so much.

 photo postsign2.png

6 comments:

  1. That looks so good! Pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks super yummy!!! I feel like pasta is my weakness...and cheesy pasta is my ultimate weakness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delish and perfect for our Florida winters :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pasta bake, but I like mine to be a bit less cheesy and more tomatoey. It still looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete