Monday, January 26, 2015

Lauren Calls The Shots

Excuse the cheesy title line. But this weekend really was all about me.

Blake even told his friends that I got to call the shots this weekend.

And call the shots I did!

Friday we went to the first weekend opening of World of Beers. It really opened on Monday. But who opens an establishment with BEER in their name?? I digress.
I got the local flight because I don't know jack about craft beers. Not like my girl Laura because she's the real expert.

I was a fan of the Desoto and Amber. I would've like the IPA and Stout if they didn't get warm... #whoops

Blake and I already decided that we're going to be frequent goers of this place. And it wasn't that pricey either! We even got fried pickles and more beers and it ended up being around $40. Maybe not every weekend but at least once a month. I mean they have over 500 beers.
Saturday I got to choose where we got to go to dinner. And I accidentally chose the most expensive restaurant ever... So basically my dinner choosing privileges have come to a screeching halt.

Or I'm not getting a Valentine's Day dinner. Blake's words not mine. And I haven't quite figured out if he's joking or not.

But it was soooo good I can't really be mad.

When I was touring for work last week I found a million new restaurants I wanted to try and got told that Louisiana Lagniappe was a very good choice. They served creole seafood, which I've never had, so I was excited to branch out and try a new place.

After dinner we met up with friends for drinks and line dancing which I'm always up for :)
Sunday was craft day which definitely brought my weekend to a very good end. I made my Valentine's Day wreath and spent far too much money of supplies for my gallery wall that is currently sitting on my living room floor waiting to be hung up.

And we watched The Interview, finally! It's on Netflix if none of you have seen it yet.

I love Terrific Lady weekend :)

How was all of your weekend??

 photo postsign2.png

5 comments:

  1. WOOHOO, it's always fun when you get to call the shots ;)!

    I've done the super expensive restaurant pull before, ooops. But, it happens and you just learn to check zagat or open table before you book. They do a good job of price pointing!

    yay for crafts! I have a few I"m working on! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome to have a "I call the shots" weekend! Sounds like you lived it up to the fullest! We have a World of Beer here, but not being a huge fan of a wife array of beers, it's not really my scene. I'm glad you had fun tho--how could you go wrong with fried pickles (yum!)
    Can't wait to see what your craft comes out like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend! Sundays are always my craft day. If I get the energy/focus to craft :) -Dorrie @ Bear Den Plantation

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I got a whole weekend to call the shots! So fun. Obviously the beer thing is right up my alley! I wanted to watch the Interview this weekend too but we never got around to it. I think maybe I'll suggest this "call the shots" thing for my birthday in March. I saw your wreath on Insta and I can't wait for the tutorial! I hope the new job is going well for you too, besides the whole fab restaurant ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I love it when I get to call all the shots. I might have to pose that idea to my husband. lol

    ReplyDelete