Monday, February 2, 2015

Super Bowl: The Year of Feel Good Commercials

I'm one to admit that I don't particularly care for the Super Bowl itself. Especially the teams that are playing. No offense guys. I only watch it just so I can have another excuse to stuff my face with delicious appetizers and taco dip. But the main reason I watch the 4+ hours of entertainment value: commercials. And I am not ashamed.

This year was a whole different caliber of commercials for the Super Bowl.

Now for my personal preference, I'm partial to the funny rolling on the floor (ROFL if you will), types of commercials.

But this year was the year of the feel good commercials. The one's that warmed your heart.


Feel Goods:
This was just too cute for words! I might have shed a tear when the dog was in his little hut. Budweiser always does good with their commercials and we we're not let down.

I'm a huge fan of how Coca Cola did their commercial this year. All about that "have a Coke and a smile" slogan they've been trying to portray and especially related to internet bullying trying to put a stop to it. I applaud you Coca Cola.


Dove men and Nissan - I'm a daddy's girl down to heart. Both of these commercials definitely warmed my heart. And it definitely kept you guessing on what the advertisement actually was about.

I don't know if I wanted to cry or be extremely angry that they made this a commercial for the Super Bowl. WHO CREATES THIS COMMERCIAL??? What was Nationwide thinking when they we're spittin' out ideas for the Super Bowl. I'm sorry, but it almost broke my heart.

I'm a fan of anything having to do with America and the beautiful landscapes of our great nation. I'm happy that Jeep continued the tradition. I've never heard a room of men so quiet when this commercial was playing.

Funnies:

I don't think I've laughed so hard than I did with this commercial. Just the fact that they used the Brady Bunch is genius!! Oh and throwing in the "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia! Everyone cares about Marcia!"

The only reason this commercial is hilarious is because the baby has a jacked up right arm. And he flexed it too! Oh, and the puppy too :)

Nationwide - with Matt Damon. Being invisible. Didn't know it was nationwide till the end. Well played. 

Liam Neeson. Enough said. The only reason this game looks remotely interesting. Still won't download it though..

Bud Light did it again with their #UpForWhatever campaign. Who wouldn't want to play real life Pac Man!??? #pickme

What we're you thinking???

I have no words. I'm really hoping that the purpose behind this commercial was to get people to think "what the hell we're they thinking." If not, I fear for the future of commercials.

And some special mentions but mostly random thoughts

WHO BOOS DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM??? 

That half time show though -- I love Katy Perry!! Did anyone know that Lenny kravitz played Cinna in The Hunger Games??? Loved that missy Elliot made an appearance. Brought me back to middle school days. The guys were pretty distracted that the Sharks mouths were moving lol

Anyone notice that Shawn p. Diddy combs is the voice over for Windows commercials??

Anyone else feel the same way about these commercials? I hope I'm not the only one.

 photo postsign2.png

1 comment:

  1. I loved that Missy Elliott was in the halftime show! She looked amazing, too!

    ReplyDelete