Thursday, February 12, 2015

Where the Love Began

Seeing that it's the week of Valentine's Day and I'm all about love and cheesiness lately - I thought that I would share my second favorite story about mine and Blake's relationship.

The first story being: our Engagement.

Go ahead and check out that story first. It's a great one I promise. I'll wait.

Okay, welcome back!

My second favorite story of mine and Blake's love: how we met.

Let me just start off with the first few pictures we took. It really set's the scene for the story.
Clearly no alcohol was consumed in the making of this relationship. #noshame #alloftheliquidcourage

Blake and I met at a 3-day country music festival up in the mountains of Arkansas in 2013. The hilarity of this scene is that neither of us are residentially from Arkansas.

We met on the first night of the festival. Big and Rich were on stage just starting their set and Blake asked me to dance.

Blake tells me all the time that he told his friends seconds before that "I'll be right back." Heh heh heh heh :) He never went back.

The real magical point of that night was when they started playing Lost In This Moment and said to the crowd to grab the one next to you and start slow dancing. Cue the 'awwww' moment because that is what it felt like. And I knew that that moment was going to be so special and one of my favorites of the weekend - and it was only the first night!

We we're inseparable the entire trip. Every day we would find each other. Which really is impressive because our campsites we're on opposite sides of the campground. 

Even the first night, and excuse the cheesyness of what I'm going to say, Blake said to me "I hope I get to see you after tonight" and I said "I hope I'll see you after this weekend." I was thinking long term basically because already I liked him soooo much.

After the weekend was over, we started talking right on our drives back to our respected states. Then he came to visit me in July where he met my family and officially started dating :)

And it all went up hill from there - that's the story of how we came to be

 photo postsign2.png

11 comments:

  1. So cute! When it's meant to be, it's meant to be!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "He never went back".... so cute. that needs to be the story of your book you write with the two of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwr. Sweetest story! I love hearing about how people met :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet!! Such a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for linking up!! I love reading about how couples met---this is a very unique and fun story to share!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the most precious story! My husband and I met in the middle of the ocean on a cruise, and a little bit of "liquid courage" was absolutely necessary for us, too! haha :)

    www.baileyinbloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute post! love it! Such a sweet story! Follow4follow :)

    Senay x
    http://pretty-little-things-xo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, what part of Arkansas?! I was born and raised and currently live in Northwest Arkansas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww how adorable!! This is awesome! What a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lauren, this is one of the cutest stories I've heard in a long time! He was very brave to just come right up to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is the cutest story ever! You guys are adorable.

    ReplyDelete