Thursday, February 19, 2015

Yes Please

I've finally jumped on the train of reading Amy Poehler's bio Yes Please and I must say I was super excited when my library finally gave me the 'privilege' of borrowing it.

And I must say, I really don't know how I felt about it. I laughed a lot but it was also a little hard to keep my attention unfortunately. Which made me super sad because I was sooo excited about it and had such high expectations for it. And mostly because everyone in the blogosphere has read it too so it I assumed it was going to be really good.
I did however find some really funny and awesome quotes so that's what I'm going to share with you all just because I feel like I really can't review a biography since it's stories all about her life and some of them we're super good!

" "Yes please" sounds powerful and concise. It's a response and a request. It is not about being a good girl; it is about being a real woman."

"Decide what your currency is early. Let go of what you will never have. People who do this are happier and sexier."

"You know those exercise pools where the water comes at you strong and you have to swim against it to build up your strength? That's what social pressure of staying young feels like."

"Young people can remind us to take chances and be angry and stop our patterns. Old people can remind us to laugh more and get focused and make friends with our patterns. Young and old need to relac in the moment and live where they are. Be Here Now, like the great book says."

"My only job was to surround myself with people who respected and supported that choice. Being foolish was the smartest thing to do."


"Depending on your career is like eating cake for breakfast and wondering why you start crying an hour later."

"The more I time-travel the more I learn I am always just where I need to be."




Also! One of my super sweet friends Joey over at Hodges Podges is having a sale on her book Yeah, Maybe next week! I'm definitely jumping on this and you should to to help a fellow blogger and sweetheart like her out!


 photo postsign2.png

7 comments:

  1. I've been interested in reading this book but now I'm not so sure. I feel like funny people writing books can be good, but then also hard to really get into. Glad you found some funny parts that you liked tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read this one too! Bummer that it wasn't as good as you thought it would be, but it sounds like you still got some good out of it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is actually my next book to read, sorry to hear you weren't a fan!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this book yet, mostly because I heard a lot of mixed reviews. I love Amy and I thought Tina Fey's book was phenomenal so I'm a little worried about being disappointed by Yes, Please. I love her quote about sleep though, totally accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving all of these quotes...I've heard lots of good things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, too bad that you didn't enjoy the book as much as you thought you would. I agree there are some good quotes. I definitely need to get more sleep. (I found you on the Bloglovin' Blog Hop) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate when I have high expectations for a book and it doesn't pan out. I had that feeling with Bossypants. Everyone LOVED it and I was bored silly through it. Thanks so much for sharing about the sale, sweet girl :-D

    ReplyDelete