I'll be recapping my weekend tomorrow.
Since I have some new lovely faces around these parts, I figured what better way for my birthday blog post to be all about me! 23 facts that is :)
1. I got married to my redneck sweetheart on March 14th, 2014. We just celebrated our first wedding anniversary last month!
2. I moved to Florida last June for his first duty station in the Air Force: Eglin AFB
3. I was born and raised in Illinois - only 45 minutes south of Chicago!
4. I graduated from University of Illinois in May 2014 with a degree in Communications
5. I am a Sigma Kappa
6. I have two younger sisters; one is 21 and married and one just turned 18
7. We adopted our little furbabie Collins almost a month ago!
8. I really love crafting. Like, really love it. My mother always joked to be saying I should've majored in that in college instead of communications. All I say to her is "I'm pretty sure that's classified as art, Mom"
9. Funny story about my major, I really wanted to be a high school math teacher. So I started out in college as a math major. I blame calculus and my freshman counselor not so subtlely telling me I would get kicked out of school based on my ONE math grade #k #stillnotoverit
10. Now my dream is to be a college professor. Figured might as well raise the bar teaching wise :)
11. I ran my first half marathon last year in Champaign and am running my second one this weekend in Nashville!
12. My husband and I met at a 3 day country music festival in the mountains of Arkansas. Neither of us are from there.
13. Obviously, I love country music. I'm watching the ACMs while writing this post.
14. I was on my poms/dance team and played softball in high school. My poms team was back to back state champs my junior and senior year of high school. Nbd.
15. I really, really love line dancing.
16. Born and raised Cubs fan.
17. The Blackhawks are pretty cool, too
18. I'm addicted to Chipotle. I don't get it as much as I did in college, but I was at the opening day of the store down here in Florida #notashamed
19. I really love Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts.
20. A good Bloody Mary always makes me a happy. A Margarita will do it too.
21. I used to think pizza and hamburger helper were essentials and family meals. Now I like to think that I can cook. But I still eat a lot of pizza.
22. I'm a complete book worm. If you have any book recommendations I would love to hear what you all are reading!
23. It was a lot harder than I thought it was to come up with 23 facts about me. Maybe I'm not as interesting as I thought I was, ha.
Hope you all had a fantastic weekend! I'll be sharing all about mine tomorrow :)