Monday, August 17, 2015

When Family Comes to Town

I would be lying if I said that when my family came for a visit 3 weeks ago that it was definitely the most time I've spent at the beach all summer. Not that I'm complaining one bit. But I find it funny that since I live here and I'm not as nearly as tan as I should be.

My sister's observation, not mine.
My aunt and cousin arrived on Saturday night and then my sister flew in Sunday morning. We scooped her up at the airport and made a beach day out in Pensacola so that they can see as many beaches as possible while they we're down here.

Boy oh, boy was it a hot day out on that Sunday. Like so hot that we couldn't even last one hour out in the heat hot. I guess it was convenient because a storm was heading our way anyway and we got to have some slushies, virgin for the kiddos and alcoholic, to wait out the down pour.

We walked around the Harborwalk Village that night and went out to dinner at the infamous McGuire's in Destin. Seriously if you ever vacation down here, it's a must eat.
We clean up nicely sometimes :)

We spent majority of our beach days at Henderson Beach State Park and was actually my first time going to this beach since I've moved down here. And it was BEAUTIFUL!
I mean, am I right??

My cousin brought a friend and she brought her selfie stick. Needless to say, I had a little fun with it :)
On one of their last full days visiting we got to play tourist a little and rent paddle boards out on the Destin harbor. I'm so happy I brought my phone with and didn't drop it in the water because then I wouldn't have these beautiful pictures.
A visit wouldn't be complete without taking in a minor league baseball game! Luckily the weather held off and turned into a really cool, beautiful night. The Blue Wahoos of Pensacola's stadium sits right on the water.

It would not be complete without a Dunkin run to give us a pick me up!
I really loved getting to spend time with my baby sister, aunt, and cousin down on my turf. Now, I get to look forward to my dad making a visit in the next month or two!

 photo postsign2.png

7 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! I love the picture of you two sitting on the beach facing away from the camera! That's frameable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to have a beach weekend! I need to get to the beach ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. man, that looks like it was a great time! Wanna trade places?! ha..seriously though, now I'm dreaming of the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun, looks like y'all had an amazing time!! Love the pics, the beach looks so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had so much fun! Moving to the beach is on my list of things I must do. Luckily, we're heading to one on Saturday, but a week just isn't enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom lives in St. Pete, we are in Ohio and I cant wait to visit! I need a beach in my life soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful is that beach!! (We had a selfie stick in Vegas and it was actually so fun to play with!)
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete