Monday, October 12, 2015

Paint Your Pet

There's no better combination for a girls night: paint and wine.

What makes it even better is when you get to paint portraits of your favorite furbabies!

Last time my girl friends and I did a paint and wine party was last year and definitely began our friendship and obsession with these parties. I can't believe it's been a whole year since we've done one of these parties. It was definitely a good party to come back for!
A whole lot of wine - breaks out the selfies. #noragrets #notevenasingleletter

All we had to do upon signing up was send in a picture we wanted painted and then the instructor gave us an outline to work off of. She gave us a step by step process of how to get the right textures and get all of their details and marks that made our pets who they were.

I clearly didn't think this through with using Collins as my first test subject since he has so many colors, textures, and marks. It was definitely a challenge. The instructor helped me out a little more than I would like to admit. Let's just say, I'm glad that my other two dogs are pure black for the next go around.
And the finished product...

Looks just like him, don't you think???

Needless to say, this portrait will encourage me to actually put decor up on my walls. I think 6 months after moving in is probably a good time to do that.

My friend and I have already planned to attend the next Paint Your Pet class since we both have 3 dogs. Oh, the life of a crazy dog lady.

 photo postsign2.png

11 comments:

  1. I am SO impressed with this! And now I desperately want to find a place to paint Bailey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fun!!! I'm impressed! Mine would look VERY abstract, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! That looks like so much fun, and you did such a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I am a horrible artist so mine would look awful ahah!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is SO cute! I love it..what a fun night out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your title caught my eye :). I started my blog a month ago and of course love dogs. Collins is a cool name!! And he's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! You're so talented.....I would just have a very messy blob I imagine....

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks awesome, you did a great job!!! That will be such a great addition to your home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable!! I wish I had an some sort of artistic talent. I would never be able to pull that off. Your dog is precious. Thanks for sharing! Check us out at www.eastcoastcontessas.com.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo cute! You did such a good job. They have these type of classes here too (not of your dog but of other things) but they are so expensive! I need to just buck up and do it at home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my what a little cutie! Your painting is gorgeous! I wish I could do that kind of stuff. Oh well, at least I do graphic design lol

    ReplyDelete