Monday, November 23, 2015

Weekend Wrapup | Our Worst Date to Date

Ok, maybe that is a little exaggerated.

But, this was definitely one of our worse dates that we've had in the 2 years we've been dating/married.

And it was 100% my fault and my idea.

Before we get into this, I'm going to show something completely unrelated - puppy snuggles. Puppy snuggles are always related yes?
Let's start off with when I got off of work. I work on Saturdays and it sucks incredibly. It sucks even more when I volunteer to be the last one to leave so that I leave room for the glimmer of hope of getting out early on Thanksgiving and that way my hours aren't completely shot.

Sorry, that might have been a little long winded to follow along. Regardless, I got home with about 15 minutes to spare before we went to the Harley dealership's anniversary party. Free alcohol? I'm in.

So we stayed there for an hour or so, planning out all of the items I'm going to break my bank on, and dreaming of this pretty little thing.
It's gold and sparkly and I want it.

I was promised earlier in the week that we would see Mockingjay Pt. 2 this weekend, so we planned it out for Saturday night after the party. We left the dealership around 7pm so we can make it out to Destin, get our tickets and grab some food. Seems like a pretty simple plan, yes? This is where our date went south.

We rode the bike to the dealership since we live a mile down the road. Destin is about 20 miles away so I thought it would be a nice idea to take the bike out and enjoy the weather. Little did we know the drastic temperature drop, gusts of wind, and rain were heading our way.

We got out to Destin and the ride was very calm, a slight chill, but not too much to ruin it. We got our tickets and went to dinner at a place nearby called Miller's Ale House. I've been there before for a birthday dinner so I knew what to expect and enjoyed it. But this time, oh boy.

I don't know if they we're having an off day or what but everything was terrible. Like, there wasn't one thing that was good about either of our meals. My flatbread was soggy. Blake got the special that night - the snow crab that wasn't cooked long enough and the steak was cooked too long. Onion rings we're overcooked. The only decent thing were the mozzarella sticks. 

And I watched our server let our beer sit at the bar for at least 10-15 minutes before bringing it to us.

You get my point. I'm hoping it was just a fluke since I've eaten there before and I was very pleased. Worth a second try right??

I'm not one to complain about service or food, but I really wish I said something. At least about the beer. I mean, come on. Letting the beer sit there for 15 minutes and still serve it to the customer. Like, I get that's your fault as a server if you forgot or got too busy (which she wasn't). But I would ask for a new beer from the bartender. Or something, at least.

Needless to say, we saw the Mockingjay. It was exactly like the book and 100% necessary to split it up into 2 movies since there was SO MUCH going on. Kudos Hunger Games.

When we got out of the movie, it had rained, the temperature dropped more, and the wind kicked up. Basically the worst conditions to ride a bike in - in the dark no less!

Even Blake agreed this was probably the worst date we've had. But he actually showed his sweet side that he was happy to spend time with me since we don't really get to do that as often anymore. What a softie :)
We got to saw the big tree all lit up so I guess you can say not all was lost.


 photo postsign2.png

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, bad service is the worst. It kills a date night quicker than anything. I'm seeing Mockingjay this weekend and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete