Monday, November 16, 2015

Weekend Wrapup | When the Husband is Away

 [via]

Not that I don't love spending time with my husband. But I really love when I get to have the house to myself for the weekend.
Blake went home to Missouri for the weekend to see his brother play in a state playoff football game. So, the Mommy and puppies party began Friday night after work.

Basically our entire weekend involved this: 
- drank lots of coffee - but that's nothing new. Dunkin got new holiday cups in!
- a whole lot of Netflix
- hours at the dog park
- books upon books
- ice cream for dinner because my dogs ate my ground turkey WHILE it was cooking
- burning winter candles to mask the wet dog smell in my house
- enjoying a little early Christmas cheer
- Sunday crafting
and not feeling guilty about sitting on the couch and doing nothing. It's pretty fantastic.

Maybe I'll tell my husband to go on weekend trips more often. Just kidding. I'm really excited for him to be home.

 photo postsign2.png

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes having the husband gone for a weekend or during the week for a work trip is kind of nice because you get to have some me time and do what you want to do. But, like you, I'm always looking forward to him coming home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my husband too but those weekends where I get the house to myself are awesome!!! I still have yet to finish "Not that kind of girl!"! I have to move it up on my to-do list! =) Very cute puppies!!

    Have a great week! I hope your brother-in-law won!

    Melanie | Toots + Dill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend!! Love the new coffee cups!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete