Wednesday, January 27, 2016

#HashtagHumpday | Home or HGTV Expert?

Hey girl hey!

It's #HashtagHumpday! You know the drill - drop your link below and visit my favorite gal pal/blogger in crime Laura while you're at it. Y'all are a real peach :)

#Hashtaghumpday @ Genuinely Lauren

Lets call these rules the 'skinny' because rules sounds way too formal and this is anything but:
  - Talk about whatever you like! Just as long as you ad a #hashtag at the end of it because it's #fun
  - Link your post up here or with my gal pal Laura so we can read all about your life and thoughts #takenoprisoners
  - Comment on at least one other post and make friends because that's the point of linkup right? #letsbefriends
  - Share it on social media and add #hashtaghumpday #allofthesocialmedia
  - Have fun! #hashtageverything

I have been super obsessed with watching HGTV lately. Well actually, let me rephrase that. Blake loves to watch HGTV and it was always on the TV either while we're sleeping or on Netflix in the mornings. My latest obsession is Fixer Upper and I want Chip and Jo to remodel a house for me #makemyhouselookpretty #openconceptornothing

And now that I watch so much HGTV and have walked through so many beach houses and condos I feel like I'm pretty much an expert on decorating homes and what looks the best #eventhoughmyownhouseisn'tdecorated #butimstilladecorexpert

But in all honesty it took me like 10 months to actually put up decor in my living room and I've only gotten that far. My kitchen and dining room/dog room is next on the list of things to accomplish #itsaverylonglist #onedayitllgetdone #butnottoday #decoratinggivesmeanxiety

If only the dogs could stop sucking up all of my money, I can finally turn my house into a home #maybenextmonth #ivebeensayingthatsinceApril

I'm making certain though that they next place we live in will absolutely, no exceptions, have a fenced backyard. I mean I love walking outside and taking my dogs potty every 30 minutes. But I have to take them out separately and I'm kind of over that now. #itsapottybreakparty #startingmyhoneydolist

Oh, and no carpet. Because, dogs. #needisaymore #myhouseisdestroyed #goodbyesecuritydeposit

In fact, all my family talked about when they we're here was how much the house reeked of dog. And of course both our vacuum and carpet cleaner broke the week before and the repair shop didn't have them ready in time #mamatried #dogisourpermanentfebreeze #tellmesomethingidontknow

On that note, I'm going to start my cleaning day. Starting with vacuuming every inch of the house with my brand spanking new vacuum courtesy of mom and ending with b-a-t-h-e-s for the pups #dogscantreadright #iknowtheycantspell #dontspoilthesurpriseforthem







 photo postsign2.png

5 comments:

  1. dude. I watch those HGTV shows + say "oh I could totally do this!" but I have completely bare walls in my bedroom.... a backyard would be so clutch for your fur babies though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, open concept or nothing! We're looking for a house to buy right now and that's one of the main points on our must-have no-compromise list. And curb appeal, and hardwood, and maybe a pool and exposed interior brick and a perfect kitchen and WAY too many things that won't all come together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so terrible at decorating. I've been in my apartment for 7 months and still haven't put the shelves I got for my room up and the lease is only 12 months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i suck at decorating...my husband does all of it; always have. and the thing that kills me is that HE'S SO GOOD AT IT. sometimes i wonder if he has a secret vagina and we're in a lesbian relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ALL I WATCH IS HGTV! Haha I love Fixer Upper, House Hunters, Property Brothers, Flip or Flop, Love it or List it... Anyways, I feel you on the dogs and the cleaning. It's like the house is never clean! I can't imagine triple the dogs!

    ReplyDelete